Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited - Privacy Notice
This explains how your information will be held about you and processed by Bournemouth Building & Maintenance Limited, a BCP Council company.
Who we are
Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited will be the Data Controller for the personal information you provide. Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This could be your name and contact details. As the Data Controller Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited will use your information to provide you with our goods and services.
Why we collect your personal information
We will collect enough personal information in order to provide you with our goods and services for the following purposes.
- Planned works - kitchen and bathroom refurbishments; electrical testing & inspections; disabled adaptations; smoke alarm testing and installations; electrical works maintenance and installations
- Refurbishment works to empty properties
- General responsive building repairs
- New constructions ranging from small extensions to complete new buildings.
We are not permitted to collect information we do not need or will not use. This document covers information you have provided direct to Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited and information which has been shared with us by other organisations.
If we don’t need your personal information we will either keep your details anonymous if we already have it for another service or we won’t ask you for it.
If we use your personal information for research or analysis, we will always keep your details anonymous or use a fake name.
We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
The legal basis for using your information
According to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998, we must have a reason to collect and use your information. This will be:
- To deliver services and support you
- To enable us to manage the services we provide
- To train and manage our workers who deliver those services
- To investigate any worries or complaints you may have about our goods or services
- To check the quality of our goods and services
- To help with research and planning of new services.
There are a number of legal reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. For this service:
- Contract: you have entered into a contract with us.
- Legitimate Business Interest
Our service also needs to use sensitive personal data also called “special category data” which requires more protection to keep it safe. This is often information you would not want to be widely known and is very personal to you. It includes:
- Religious or spiritual or philosophical beliefs
- Physical or mental health
- Criminal history
We will take extra care of this data. The legal reason for us to collect and use this personal information is:
- you have entered into a contract with us, or
- for legitimate business interest
Who we may share your information with
We use a range of organisations to either store personal information or to help deliver our services to you. Sometimes we have a legal duty to provide your personal information to other organisations, for example the court service or HMRC.
We may also share your personal information with these organisations:
- BCP Council Housing and Communities Service Unit: Asset Management Team, Housing Landlord Services, Corporate Property Team
Your information will not be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we are required and allowed to by law.
We may seek your consent if we are able to offer additional services which we believe are of benefit to you. This will be clearly communicated to you.
Accessing the information we hold about you
You have the right to request, in writing, details of the information held about you. You also have the right to access a copy of the information. This may be by Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited providing copies of documents or by inviting you to view the records at its office, if appropriate. Please see the BCP Council webpage for further information about how to make a subject access request.
Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited will not charge a fee to access your information. Sometimes there may be information that we are not allowed to show you, such as
- legal information or advice
- crime prevention and detection records
- information that we believe may be harmful to you and your well-being
- details about or provided by other people – this is called third party information (For example, information from the Police or Department for Work and Pensions)
You may also ask us to
- stop processing your information if this causes or might cause damage or distress
- stop processing your information for direct marketing
- make decisions about you using your information by automated means (For example, using computers to decide on an entitlement)
- amend any of your data which you feel is inaccurate. You can also ask for information to be blocked, erased or destroyed
- transfer your information electronically to another service provider
- consider a claim for compensation for any damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you give consent for us to use your information, you may withdraw this at any time. However, this may affect our ability to continue to provide you with a service.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information for seven years or as stated in our retention schedule and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have a concern about how we are using your information, we would ask you to contact us in the first instance using the address below:
Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited, Town Hall, Bourne Avenue, Bournemouth BH2 6DY
Data Protection Officer
If you are not satisfied with a response to your concerns from the Service, our Director, Paul Freeman, can review any issues regarding Information Rights legislation if necessary. He can be contacted at the address below:
Bournemouth Building and Maintenance Limited Unit 4 Dalling RoadPooleBH12 1DJ
For further information about Information Rights legislation, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or by telephone 0303 123 1113