Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Advice on housing options for those that have experienced domestic abuse

If you live in Dorset and need advice on your housing options or want to know what can be done to enable you to stay in your own home, please contact us.

If you live in Bournemouth, contact Bournemouth Housing Department on 01202 123456.

If you live in Poole, contact Poole Housing Department 01202 123147.

Homeless Prevention Service

First Point is a Dorset wide homeless prevention service which can also support those experiencing domestic abuse.


Refuges provide a place of safety for women, and their children, who need to leave home because of domestic abuse. There are two women's refuges located in Dorset which are part of the You First integrated service. Refuge accommodation is also available in Bournemouth, Poole and elsewhere in the country.

Contact details for refuges, and other local and national organisations which can provide help and advice to victims of domestic abuse can be found in where to get help.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.