Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Companion passes

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), bus services have been changed to reflect essential travel guidance, whilst continuing to provide journeys for key workers.

These changes include the lifting of bus pass time restrictions.

See further information about changes to other services.

We will provide, on application, a companion pass to severely disabled residents of Christchurch who are only able to access local bus services with the assistance of a travelling companion.

The pass will bear the "C+" logo and will entitle a companion to free bus travel when travelling with the Bus Pass holder on journeys that start within the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council area. 

For journeys starting outside this area, travel companions will be required to pay a fare. It does not need to be the same travelling companion for all journeys undertaken.

Apply for a companion pass

If you would like to apply for a bus pass that includes a travel companion you will need to complete a travel companion application form in addition to the bus pass application form. 

Download a travel companion application form.

Section B of this form needs to be completed by a medical professional involved in your care.

If you already have an older or disabled person's bus pass and wish to apply for the companion enhancement to be added, please complete the travel companion application form and send it to You do not need to reapply for the bus pass.

Please read the  terms and conditions for more information about using your bus pass. 

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.