Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Bus pass renewals

Bus passes in regular use are renewed automatically. If you have a bus pass because of a qualifying disability, we may check that you remain eligible and have qualifying evidence for a bus pass.

Older person's bus pass

If you have an older person's bus pass which is expiring soon, it will be replaced automatically if we have your current address, the pass has been used in the past 12 months and it is scanning on the bus. The new pass will be sent out about 2 weeks before your current pass runs out.

If your bus pass is not automatically renewed but you do wish to received a replacement please contact the Concessionary Fares Team on 01202 123700. You will not need to submit a new application.

Disabled person's bus pass

If you have a disabled person's bus pass, we may need to write to you about 4 to 6 weeks before it is due to run out to ask for up to date evidence to show that you remain eligible for the pass before we can renew it. We may also ask for an up to date photograph.

If your bus pass has not been used for over 12 months before the expiry date, we will not automatically contact you. If you do wish to receive a replacement, please contact the Concessionary Fares Team on 01202 123700 or email  You will not need to submit a new application, but you may need to submit evidence of ongoing eligibility and a new photograph. 

If you haven't received your new pass a week before your existing pass runs out, please contact us on 01202 123700.

Change of address

If you have changed your address since your bus pass was issued, please ensure that you have told us so that we can update our records. If you do not tell us, and we order a renewal pass with your old address, you will have to pay £10 to have a new pass sent to your current address.

If you have moved out of the Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch area, you will need to apply for a new pass from the area where you now live. Please let us know and return your old pass to us once your new pass has been received.

If you have moved into the Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch area and have been using a pass issued elsewhere, we will be unable to renew it automatically and you will need to apply for an older person's bus pass or disabled person's bus pass as a new applicant.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.