Staying Covid Secure - Your Safety is our Priority
We have undertaken strict measures in accordance with government guidelines to keep you safe during your visit to the centre.
"Welcome Back to the Centre" - instructional video
We have created a video to advise you in detail of our changes and explain why we need your co-operation to keep all of our customers and staff as safe as possible. Please take the time to watch this before your return to the centre. Watch the video on YouTube
The main thing you need to remember when you come into the centre is to observe our strict one way system and keep right.
We are complying fully with the government's guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. In addition, we have implemented many other safety measures including:
- we have undertaken full risk assessments on all elements of our service and have shared the results with our staff
- all staff working on site will have received specific training on managing customer and staff safety in accordance with guidelines
- customer flow: implemented a strict one way system within the centre as well as clear signage on display to advise customers how to stay safe when moving around the building
- cleaning and hygiene procedures: installation of more hand sanitising stations around the centre
- social distancing: all equipment has been placed allowing for social distancing in accordance with guidelines. All classes are now located in the main hall, additional functional training zones have been creates and refurbished, class and gym user numbers have been capped to allow for social distancing in accordance with guidelines
- allocated hourly slots for gym sessions have been designated to further minimise interaction, cleaning will take place after each hourly session
- where people cannot be two metres apart, we have done everything possible to minimise the risk of transmission
- encouragement of customers to arrive "exercise ready" to avoid the requirement to visit changing rooms during their visit.
Face masks and coverings
The government advice is that all forms of face coverings may restrict breathing efficiency and should not be used during exercise except of specific advice from a physician.
We have installed over 30 hand sanitising stations throughout the centre. These will be kept fully stocked and together with the sinks available for handwashing in the centre will give you ample opportunity to keep your hands clean throughout your visit.
Passing on COVID-19 via sweat/perspiration
There is no current evidence that the virus can be spread by perspiration. This is supported for non-respiratory fluids by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. This information is constantly updated though and we will notify you of any subsequent changes to advice.
Chances of catching COVID-19 in a gym environment
As long as social distancing measures are adhered to, there is the same chance of catching COVID-19 in a gym as there is in any shop or supermarket. Social distancing is key to minimising risk of contamination during your visit.