Children's Holiday Activities - Guide for Parents and Carers
Holiday Activities - Guide for Parents and Carers
We welcome all children and will do our utmost, (in partnership with parents/legal carers, professional agencies and the children themselves) to ensure that each child has access to the widest range of opportunities. We treat each child as an individual and with equal respect and encourage the children themselves to treat others with the same respect.
We have designed this list of requests to ensure that your child(ren) have the best experience they can with us throughout the day.
We would request that:
- If your child(ren) has a medical condition you supply us with clearly labelled medication if this is not supplied we will refuse admission for the day and no refund will be given.
- If your child(ren) has an injury please inform the coach on the day.
- Your child(ren) should be suitable clothed for sports games (jeans and skirts are not acceptable), sock should always be worn.
- If your child(ren) has long hair it should be tied back, jewellery should not be worn.
- No child(ren) should arrive with any electronic devices including mobile telephones.
- If you child(ren) cannot swim or is not a strong swimmer you must supply appropriate swim aids.
- Please send your child(ren) with appropriate supplies for outdoor activities as well as indoor (hats and sunscreen in a bag) (sunscreen should be applied at home further applications will not be done by the centre staff)
- We kindly request that you do not send your child with money to use the vending machine.
- Written permission must be supplied by the parent/legal care at the start of each day if you wish for your child to go home unaccompanied.(the centre have final say over this)
If a child becomes ill during a session, every attempt will be made to contact you to arrange collection of the sick child. The child will be cared for until collected.
In case of a minor accident, basic First Aid will be administered. In case of an accident requiring more than basic First Aid, every attempt will be made to contact the parent/legal carer to advise or discuss with him/her the course of action to be taken.
PLEASE NOTE: IF THE PARENT/LEGAL CARER CANNOT BE CONTACTED IN TIME, THE CENTRE WILL TAKE ACTION TO GAIN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR THE CHILD.