Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Report a vehicle parked in front of your dropped kerb

It is against the law to park in front of a dropped kerb and can result in a fine

If someone has blocked access to your driveway and you have a dropped kerb please call our parking team on 01202 451268.

When calling, you will be required to provide the following:

  • your name/company name
  • your address
  • your telephone number
  • details of the vehicle obstructing your driveway.

This is so we can verify that you are the owner of the house for which enforcement action is being requested. 

Once the above information has been received, we will arrange for a Civil Enforcement Officer to visit the location in due course and carry out appropriate enforcement. 

Do not take action yourself as any damage to the vehicle may result in a criminal prosecution. Blocking the vehicle in may be classed as obstruction of a public highway.

You may wish to apply to have a white "H" marking painted in front of your dropped kerb to highlight your access.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.