Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Apply for a white "H" marking (access protection marking)

You can apply for us to paint a white "H" marking in front of your dropped kerb to stop people marking in front of it

To apply for this service you will need:

  • proof of residence (copy of a bill stating your name and address)
  • £220 fee for the marking

For no extra cost we can cover two access points providing they are immediately next to each other. This can include your neighbour's dropped kerb if you have their consent.

Applications will be grouped and progressed at regular intervals throughout the year. Please be aware that there may be a delay between making your request and any work being completed


If you already have a white "H" marking and wish to have it refreshed please contact the traffic management team via email at

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.