Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Temporary traffic light licence

You need a licence to place temporary lights on the highway.

You also need to have booked the road space or have a section 50 licence in place for the works first before a licence can be granted.

Apply for a temporary traffic light licence

You must provide traffic management drawings for multi-way signal configurations (including 2-way signals and a pedestrian crossing) as part of your application.

There are minimum requirements for drawings and at least one site plan should be submitted:

  • OS drawing with licence number
  • at an appropriate scale with the scale clearly displayed
  • location of where the signal heads are going to be placed
  • the location and extent of the work zone

Your application may be rejected if the appropriate drawing is not supplied.

You do not need to provide a drawing for two-way signal configurations unless we ask for one.

Start now

Utilities and contractors on the EToN (electronic transfer of notifications) system should submit applications against their notices.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.