Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Events on the highway

If you want to hold an event on the highway, you need to apply for a road restriction. 

'The highway' means a road or street, verge, footway or pavement, public footpath, bridleway, restricted byway or byway open to all traffic.

Apply for a road restriction for an event

We define events according to their size:

  • a special event on or adjacent to the road - an event hosted for a large number of people, as high-profile as a carnival or street fair. Road closures for services of Remembrance during November should also follow this application
  • a street party - a small, local community event attended by local residents and their families and which isn't advertised to the wider community

Enquire about holding an event on the highway.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.