Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Planning enforcement

Report your concerns about possible unauthorised development. This could be about building works and/or how land or buildings are used. It could also be about works to listed buildings, protected trees or the erection of adverts.

We investigate concerns that are reported to us.

If we find an issue we may not be able to stop or reverse the situation straight away. We usually try and negotiate a solution. This lets the people responsible have a chance to sort the issue.

This may mean we:

  • suggest they make a retrospective application. If approved it could authorise the works. If refused they can appeal the decision
  • or take formal action and serve notices to remove/stop works or cease any use. The people responsible can appeal against the formal action. If there is an appeal, we will usually wait for a decision to be issued and then take further action as it is needed

Find out more about planning enforcement, or read our planning enforcement plan.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.