Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Christchurch Planning Enforcement

It is usual for enforcement notices to be served to support our position in relation to any unresolved breach of planning control. There is a right to appeal to the Planning Inspectorate against any such notice.

Even though some matters, e.g. unlawful advertising and unauthorised works to a listed building are immediate criminal offences, we will usually try to negotiate a settlement before considering formal action.

How to report

If you wish to bring anything to the attention of the Planning Enforcement Team, please use our report form:

Start now

Please note: We will only accept complaints in writing. The preferred option is for complainants to use the form. However, we will accept a letter or email, which must include the complainants full postal address.

In addition, please be aware that if you are complaining about an unauthorised use of property, you must supply records / documentation / information in support of your claims. Without such information, we will be unable to process the complaint.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.