Christchurch Town Centre Strategy 2003
The Town Centre Strategy aims to clarify a vision for the development of Christchurch Town Centre over the next 20 years. It provides a framework to manage future changes while protecting the range of high quality heritage aspects. The Strategy was adopted in November 2003.
The key objectives of the Town Centre Strategy are:
- to clarify a vision for the development of the town centre over the next 20 years
- to provide a framework to accommodate change whilst protecting the range of high quality heritage assets
- to examine and make proposals for improvements to the existing transportation network
- to enhance present levels of vitality and viability
- to provide a response to PPG6
- to inform preparation of a Community Plan, together with reviews of the Structure Plan and Local Plan (taking into consideration the introduction of the new planning system)
- to assist bids for public sector external funding and to attract private sector investments
The Town Centre Strategy is available for download from the right hand side of this page.
RAZOR VIEW ERROR
The control '' has raised the following error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.