Building notice applications to Building Control
Building notice applications are only suitable for smaller projects. You can start work two days after your notice has been submitted. You are not required to submit plans with this application.
How does the Building Control process work
Building Notice applications
How Building Notice applications work:
- Building Notice applications are for smaller domestic works including replacement windows and alterations
- this procedure is simple and enables work to proceed without the time and cost of having detailed plans prepared and checked for approval
- it is limited to domestic work only and cannot be for works within 3m of a public sewer. Find out more about building over or near a public sewer.
- you can start work 48 hours after the application has been deposited
- control of the work is carried out through the site inspection process
- you and your builder must ensure compliance with the regulations or you will have to correct it
- a completion certificate is issued upon satisfactory completion of the works
- you have 3 years from deposit to start the work otherwise the application is void. Once started it is valid until complete
- a single fee is payable when the application is submitted and is shown on your fee quote
Submit an application
If this is the sort of application you wish to make, continue to the next step. Submit a fee quote request form.
If you are not sure, find out more about the other application types.