Request an on-street disabled parking bay in Christchurch
Responsibility for introducing a disabled parking bay
BCP Council is responsible for on-street disabled parking bays in Christchurch.
Disabled bays on the road are clearly marked with the word ‘Disabled’. You must display your disabled badge so the wheelchair symbol and expiry date can be seen through your windscreen.
Residential disabled bays
You can apply for an on-street residential disabled bay using our online form.
Things you should know before applying:
- applications may not be approved if you have off-road parking
- you must be the blue badge holder who lives at the address
- a vehicle must be registered to the address
- you can apply for one of two types of bay, a general bay which can be used by anyone with a blue badge or a permit bay for the sole use of the permit holder
- a general bay costs £300, a permit bay costs £400
- you can also apply to convert an existing general bay to a permit bay, this costs £200
- as part of the statutory process required to implement changes on the highway, we must undertake a public consultation before a bay can be installed
- your payment will be required prior to consultation, once your application has been approved in principle.
- each bay will be 6.6m long
- residential disabled bays have no maximum stay