Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Disabled parking in Christchurch car parks

Blue Badge Holders are required to pay for parking unless a Christchurch Disabled Parking Exemption Permit is displayed. The permit costs £15 for residents of Christchurch and £25 for non-residents. Please be aware that the permit will be valid from date of purchase and will expire at the same time as your blue badge. A cost will also apply when the permit is renewed.
You can apply for a Disabled Parking Exemption Permit if you meet the following qualifying criteria:
  • high rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or a score of 10 or 12 points for the enhanced mobility component of Personal Independence Payment 
  • high rate attendance allowance (if over 65 years of age)
  • low rate attendance allowance (if over 65 years of age) and are incapable of walking more than 30 metres (written statement required)
  • war pensions mobility supplement

Apply for a permit

Apply for a disabled parking exemption permit in Christchurch

Permits purchased on or after 1 April 2019

The permit will entitle the holder to unlimited parking in Christchurch pay and display car parks. The permit must be used for the benefit of the blue badge holder only and must not be used by any other person. A valid blue badge must be displayed in conjunction with the permit.

Permits purchased up to 31 March 2019

The permit will continue to be valid in Christchurch and East Dorset car parks.

See our full terms and conditions for a disabled parking exemption permit.

Disabled space availability in Christchurch car parks

All Christchurch car parks have disabled parking spaces. 

Blue badge holders can park in disabled bays or standard parking bays.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.