Volunteering opportunities in libraries
Volunteer at a library
There are different volunteering opportunities at Christchurch and Highcliffe libraries. Contact your local library for more details.
Opportunities for volunteers
Activity and events volunteer role
- opportunities to assist the library staff with creating, marketing, promoting and hosting of events
- assisting children and families at craft and story sessions
- preparing materials
Digital Champion Volunteer role
- help computer users to use online basics like using a mouse, touchscreen controls and setting up email addresses
- help users with using tablets and mobile phones
- signpost computer users a range of services including online banking, forms, shopping online, and Facebook
Royal Voluntary Service Home Library Serviceneeds volunteers to deliver library books to housebound readers and help with book choices.
Code Clubs Volunteers
Code Club is a nationwide network of volunteer-led after school clubs for children aged 9 to 11. We're always looking for people with coding skills to volunteer to run a club at their local library for an hour a week. You can team up with colleagues, someone will be there to support you and we provide all the materials you'll need to help get children excited about digital making.
Watch this YouTube video to find out more.
If you are interested in helping, get in touch with Katy on 01202 262429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends' Groups support Christchurch and Highcliffe Libraries. We welcome people from all parts of the community who share an interest in books and libraries, and who want to promote the library service within the community. These groups also help the library service by fundraising to buy books, equipment and furniture. If you would like to join a group, please contact your local library.
Opportunities for volunteers aged 13-25 include:
Summer Reading Challenge role
- promoting and joining up children to the Summer Reading Challenge
- talking to children about their books and sharing their enthusiasm for reading.
- handing out their rewards
- helping with displays and activities
We can also offer support if you are already working towards an award for volunteering, e.g. Duke of Edinburgh.