Renew a library item
Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
Following advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have started reopening our libraries, see the latest Library service information
See further information about changes to services
Renew library books online
Renew library books borrowed from any LibrariesWest library online.
Return or renew your books by the return date to avoid charges. This will be on your self service machine receipt.
Renewal guidelines are:
- you can renew online by logging into your account (you will need your PIN to do this)
- you can call your library and renew your books by phone on 01202 265285
- you can return items to any library in the LibrariesWest area
- you can't renew books if they have been requested by someone else
- you can't renew items that have been requested by another borrower online; contact your local library by phone or in person. These renewals will be for 3 days
- you can't renew rental items such as DVDs or music CDs, although it is possible to re-hire them in a library
Free email alerts
let you know when your requested items are ready for collection
remind you that your books will shortly be due for return
send you a first overdue notice if your items are overdue
This service is free of charge.
Contact your local library to register for free email alerts.
This is a courtesy service; if you don't receive your email alert messages, it may be due to changes made by your email provider, or you may need to update your library membership record by logging in to your account.