Reading groups and book clubs
Existing reading groups
We support reading groups and book clubs by offering you:
- borrow sets of 10 copies of a title
- extended borrowing of up to 8 weeks
- reservations on multiple sets of books
- borrow a maximum of 12 sets of books per year
- approximately 800 titles to choose from, selected by librarians and informed by reading groups
There is a reading group subscription charge of £50 per year, which replaces voluntary donations.
Please ask in Christchurch Library or Highcliffe Library if you haven’t yet ordered your reading group books for 2019.
Start a reading group or book club
Ask us for support and advice on setting up and running a reading group.
- get a ‘Reading Group’ library card which allows your group to borrow titles from our reading group collection for up to 7 weeks
- look at our special collection of titles exclusively for the use of reading groups. We also have an additional list of exclusive reading group titles. There are 10 copies of each title plus a large print and audio copy if available.
- choose up to 20 titles from the list and tell us the dates of your meetings; we’ll deliver the books to your local library for you to pick up in time for each meeting
- get regular news by email about book promotions, author visits and other events
- meet in your local library - contact us to see what can be arranged
Join Reading Groups for Everyone where you can:
- find a reading group
- add your own group to their list
- find book reviews and book recommendations
- sign up to their newsletter
- enter competitions
- find discounts and promotions
Poetry and writing groups
Many groups meet in libraries to use the space and the free resources.
Ask at your local library for information about these groups or other local groups.