Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Help to Let

If you are a local landlord with private rented properties in the local area then our Help to Let scheme could be for you. You could receive up to £2,000 incentive to provide an affordable tenancy for one of our eligible individuals or families

Help to Let is a BCP Council scheme, running for a limited period of time, that provides support and incentives to landlords who can offer affordable rented accommodation for specific local people in need of a home. In return, we will offer you a financial incentive depending on the property type. Your tenant will also be offered support to help them to maintain their tenancy.


In addition to 1 month rent in advance and deposit, we offer the following one-off non-refundable payment for each property in return for a minimum 12 month tenancy:


  • Studio £1,200
  • 1 bed: £1,200
  • 2 bed: £1,800
  • 3 bed: £2,000
  • 4 bed: £2,000

Incentives are limited and there is a particular demand for Studio/1 bed accommodation


  • one to one support offered to your tenants to sustain their tenancy along with assistance to set up Housing Benefit/Universal Credits subject to DWP guidelines

The Help to Let scheme is subject to us matching an individual or family at risk of being homeless to the property and confirmation that you have the following for each property:

  • a carbon monoxide alarm must be installed in all properties where solid fuel is used in line with regulations
  • installed smoke alarm
  • valid Energy Performance Certificate
  • valid Electrical Safety Certificate
  • valid Gas Safety Certificate
  • Assured Shorthold Tenancy (minimum of 12 months tenancy agreement)

If you are a new private landlord, advice is available to achieve the above requirements.

If you are a letting agent and refer a landlord to us and we are able to successfully secure their property, you are eligible for a £250 incentive payment.

Incentives are only available until March 2021.

Contact us

You can contact us at

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.