Visiting Forces, diplomats and international HQ staff
Anyone who has a relevant association with a Visiting Force will be disregarded for the purpose of discount.
This applies to both military and civilian attachments to the force.
See also connection with Class P Exemption exemption.
Any person who has privileges and immunities under:
- Diplomatic Privileges Act 1964 or
- Commonwealth Secretariat Act 1966 or
- Consular Relations Act 1968 or
- International Organisations Act 1968 or
- Commonwealth Countries and Republic of Ireland (Immunities and Privileges) Order 1985 or
- Hong Kong Economic Trade Act 1996
and is not a
- British Citizen,
- British Dependent Territories Citizen,
- British National (Overseas) or British Overseas citizen or
- British Subject under the British Nationality Act 1981 or
- British protected person or a permanent resident of the United Kingdom
The Diplomat must also have no other premises within the UK, which are their main residence.
See also connection with Class V exemption.
International HQ staff
Any person (or dependant of a person) who works for members of a designated international organisation are not counted for discount purposes.
Relevant organisations include: