Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Council Tax appeals

Under certain circumstances you may be able to appeal to your council regarding your Council Tax.

You may appeal to the council if you consider that:

Any appeal should initially be made in writing. We will consider your case and if you have not been contacted within two months or if no agreement has been reached by this time, you have a further right of appeal to a valuation tribunal.

Making an appeal does not allow you to withhold payment or part payment of the council tax. If your appeal is successful you will be entitled to a refund of any overpayment.

Appeals about the band that your property has been allocated must be made to the listing officer of the Valuation Office Agency.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.