Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Learning about careers

Where can I get careers advice?

Aside from your school or college, you can also get careers advice from:

If you have an education, health and care plan (EHC), you will begin preparing for learning and/or careers during your annual review in year 9. This includes thinking about your options and plans for post 16, such as HE and/or employment. It will discuss what support you need, from who and when. These plans will be built upon at your Annual Reviews in Year 10 and Year 11.

Ansbury guidance

Ansbury guidance are independent of the school and not everyone has access to them. They will give you impartial advice and guidance.

They support young people who have a statement of SEN or EHC plan. They can support young people as they approach the end of  school, to help them to move on to:

  • training
  • further education
  • work
  • adult support services

The service has made a guide for parents and carers of teenagers with SEN and/or disabilities. It contains tips and advice on helping young people achieve success in all aspects of life. Get a copy of the guide on the Ansbury Guidance website.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.