Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Issuing an EHCP

Education, health and care (EHC) plans are replacing statements of special educational needs (SEN). Learn more about:

Who will write my EHC plan?

If you have a statement

A Planning and Review Officer from the 0 to 25 SEND Assessment Team will attend a Conversion Meeting (also called a Transfer Review) at your school. You will be invited to this meeting.

This is a special type of Annual Review that looks at changing your statement to an EHC plan. The Planning and Review Officer will write an EHC plan following the meeting. By law, this process is also an EHC needs assessment.

When this happens depends on how old you are. It is likely to happen when you are in Year 11 but it may be sooner.

If you or your school have requested an EHC needs assessment

If we have agreed to proceed with an EHC needs assessment, an SEN Team Planning Coordinator will draft your EHC Plan. A panel will decide if this should become a legal EHC Plan.

What information will they need to write my plan?

They will request information from:

  • yourself
  • your family
  • your school
  • the professionals who support you

They will need to know what you like or don't like and what your hopes are for the future.

You will have many opportunities to influence the content of the plan.

How to complain if you're not happy

Find out what you can do to sort out anything you're not happy with.  

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.