Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Concerns about a childs progress

If you're worried your child may have a SEN and they are in education, you should talk to their teacher. All schools have a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to support children with:

  • disabilities
  • medical needs
  • SEN

The SENCO and teacher will gather information about your child's progress.

They will work with you to decide what the child will need. If the school can adapt what they offer to all pupils to provide this support, they should do so. If the pupil needs any thing extra or different they will be considered to have a SEN.

For further support see:

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.