Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Hospital and emergency

Emergency care

Accident and emergency departments (also known as casualty or emergency departments) offer urgent and emergency care services. They deal with genuine life-threatening emergencies such as bleeding, loss of consciousness or severe chest pain.

Find an accident and emergency department near you.


You normally need to be referred to a hospital for treatment, unless you have an emergency.

Find community hospitals locally.

Minor injuries units (MIU)

Minor injuries units can treat a number of non-serious injuries, such as sprains, burns, bites, broken bones and wound infections.

Find minor injuries units locally.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.