Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

What is an Education, Health & Care Plan?

An Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) replaces Learning Difficulties Assessments for children and young people with special educational needs

Find out how to ask for an EHCP if you haven’t already got one.

As well as the special educational needs of the child an EHCP should also explain:

  • Special educational provisions that should be made for them
  • Health care provision that they need
  • Social care provisions that are being made for them
  • Any other social care provision that they need

If you don't agree with the parts of the EHCP about your child’s education you can appeal.

You can find out more about what must be included in an EHCP using the IPSEA EHC plan checklist.

We’ll continue to deliver the Special Educational Provision outlined in the plan up until your child reaches 25 if they stay in education or training.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.