Christchurch Children's Centres
Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have cancelled all children’s centre groups and programmes
See further information about changes to services
Services and activities
Our Children's Centre's are part of our Family Partnership Zone (FPZ). Our FPZ is part of our whole family offer for early help. The support is aimed at families who may be struggling and need more help.
Sure Start Children's Centre's aim to help all families, from pregnancy through to primary school. They do this by providing:
- services and activities needed in the community
- information, support, and answers to enquiries
The service and support will differ at each centre, but they could offer:
- parenting advice, support and information
- home visits for families
- play and learn sessions which can help you support your child's development
- groups for parents with children who have extra needs
- access to a range of health services. Such as mental health, sexual health and contraception
- information and advice about how to improve your skills and find work
- advice for young parents
- information on financial and housing matters
- groups for dads
- links to childcare providers and advice about help paying for childcare
- support with the effects of domestic abuse
Your local centre
See what activities are happening at your local Children's Centre.
If you are worried and have concerns about a child, contact the Children's First Response Hub.