Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Your health and wellbeing

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find the latest information and advice about our services for vulnerable adults in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

See further information about changes to services.

Keeping safe

People with disabilities, mental health problems and dementia may sometimes behave aggressively, either physically or verbally. This can be very distressing for the person and for their carer, family and friends.

The person you care for may become more dependent or challenging in their own behaviour and you will need support to avoid harm to yourself and continue your caring role. Seek advice from your GP or a health professional.

If you have concerns about the welfare of a vulnerable adult and think that they may be at risk of harm or abuse, you should report this.

Report Abuse

Taking a break

If you're a carer, you might find it difficult to make time for yourself. But remember that your health is important too. If you're happy and well, you are better able to provide help and support to others.

Respite care

It's important to take breaks from your caring role. It can be easy to forget to do this, so think about how you are going to organise taking a break (often called respite care). You can get respite in the home such as the Short Break Service, or respite away from the home such as in a residential care home.

Read more about respite care

If the person you care for has a long term health condition there is a range of support and advice.

Hospital stays

We have information about hospital stays if you or the person you care for are going into hospital.

Free yearly flu vaccination

Carers of people with serious/chronic health conditions or who are frail may also qualify for an annual flu vaccination. Ask your GP for more information.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.