Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch


Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find the latest information and advice about our services for vulnerable adults in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

See further information about changes to services.

Welfare benefits

There are a number of welfare benefits that can help you and the person you care for including:

  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Carer's Premium/Pension Credit and Pension Guarantee

Benefits calculator

Apply for benefits online

Council tax discounts

You may be eligible for a council tax reduction if you are an unpaid carer and live with the person you care for.

When your caring role changes or ends

The Department of Work and Pensions need to know that you are no longer a carer if you have been receiving Carer's Allowance.

If you were getting a Council Tax discount because of your caring responsibilities, remember to let your local council know that your caring responsibilities have ended. If you're living alone, you may still be entitled to a single occupant's discount (25%) on your bill.

You may be entitled to welfare benefits if you are not in employment or unable to return to work.


An independent advocate helps you to:

  • express your views and concerns
  • access information and services
  • explore choices and options
  • defend and promote your rights and responsibilities

Advocacy support services can be found in our service provider directory

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.