Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Adult Social Care Services - What we do

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find the latest information and advice about our services for vulnerable adults in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

See further information about changes to services.

We provide a range of information, advice and services to adults with care and support needs or who have caring responsibilities.

Our social care teams can be reached through the Adult Social Care Contact Centre. They give advice on getting care and the help we offer.

You can submit your own initial assessment using our online assessment form.

We help people to live as independently as they can in their own home, where possible.

We provide information and advice about support services that are available from a wide range of sources.

People may need support for a short time to help them regain skills and confidence, or for a longer period if they need ongoing support.

We may assess your needs to see if you are eligible for adult social care. If you are, we ask about your finances to see how much, if anything, you can afford to pay towards the care.

You can check to see if you are eligible for our support, and if not, we give as much information and advice as we can so people can arrange the help they need themselves.

Everyone has the right to ask us for help and we will endeavour to assist, either by meeting your needs ourselves or by directing you to someone else who can.

My life my care is an online advice and information directory for adults, particularly those with care and support needs. This free, easy to use site helps to find out about services across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.