Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Reporting abuse

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find the latest information and advice about our services for vulnerable adults in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

See further information about changes to services.

If you know someone is being abused, or think they may be, call:

  • Christchurch and Bournemouth residents call Care Direct on 01202 454979
  • Poole residents call Adult Social Care help desk on 01202 633902
  • Residents in the Dorset Council area can call on 01305 221016

Out of Hours

If it's outside of normal office hours, please call the Emergency Duty Service (EDS) on 0300 123 9895

They are open: 

  • weekdays: Monday-Thursday from 5.15pm to 8.30am
  • weekends: 4.45pm Friday - 8.30am Monday
  • all Bank Holidays, including Christmas Day and New Years Day

If you think someone may be at immediate risk of harm contact the police by calling 999.

You can also tell a health or social care worker such as a social worker, nurse, doctor or occupational therapist.


What happens when you report abuse

If you report abuse to us we:

  • take your concerns seriously
  • deal with the matter sensitively
  • make sure the person is safe
  • investigate the situation fully

We ask you to provide a name and contact details in case we need to get in touch to ensure we have all the information we need to keep the person safe.

Keeping safe online

Get Safe Online has information and advice about how to stay safe online, avoid online scams and how to protect your computer.

Age UK has information for older people about internet safety.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.