Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Domestic violence and abuse

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some services have changed. Find the latest information and advice about our services for vulnerable adults in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.

See further information about changes to services.

Who is affected?

Domestic abuse can take place between married couples, same sex partners, family members, those in a relationship or one that has ended. Men, women and children can all be subject to abuse.

Types of domestic abuse

As well as physical, domestic abuse can be:

  • psychological
  • sexual
  • financial
  • emotional

How to report domestic abuse

If you know someone is being abused, or think they may be, please report it.

If you think someone may be at immediate risk of harm contact the police by calling 999.

Report abuse

Further help

We have further information  for people who have experienced domestic abuse including housing options, awareness courses and other help available.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.