Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Animal health and welfare

Concerns about the welfare of an animal

If you are concerned about the welfare of 'farm' animals such as pigs, cattle, sheep, goats and poultry, contact Christchurch Trading Standards.

If you have concerns about the welfare of domestic animals such as cats and dogs please contact the RSPCA.

Animal feedstuffs

We also enforce animal feedstuffs legislation, which involves the inspection, sampling and monitoring of the production and storage of feed. This makes sure that they are wholesome and not harmful to either the animal or the human food chain.

The law also means that animal feed businesses need to register with us. Most already are but if you have any doubts please contact Christchurch Trading Standards.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.