Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

The Licensing Act 2003

The Licensing Act 2003 covers any establishment that wishes to supply alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment, such as:

  • public houses
  • theatres
  • cinemas
  • restaurants
  • nightclubs
  • hotels

View the licensing register

Temporary events

temporary event notice (TEN) can be used to authorise small-scale events involving the sale and supply of alcohol and the provision of public entertainment. 

Statement of licensing policy

Our statement of licensing policy is a legally required document and is reviewed every 5 years. It sets out the steps we take to promote the licensing objectives. 

How to make an application

From 6 April 2017, all applications for a new premises licence, transfer of premises licence and personal licences have to be made by someone who is over the age of 18 and if they are living in the UK they must be entitled to work in the UK in a licensable activity.

To be valid, all applications must be accompanied by a copy of one of the documents as shown in Annex A.

You can apply by post or online via the Home Office website. Information about application fees can be found on the GOV.UK website.

How to make representations on an application

Representations about a current application must be made in writing and received by us either on or before the date shown on the notice advertising the application.

Guidance notes are available for how to make a licensing representation.

Please send representations to:

The Licensing Team
BCP Council 
Town Hall Annexe 
St Stephens Road 


Public notices

The following is a list of current licence applications.

Licensing applications

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.