Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Street trading and pedlar's licences

Street trading licence

If you want to sell in the street you must apply for a street trading licence from Christchurch Council.

It is illegal to put up signs or stalls to sell something on the public highway (including grass verges).Trading as a news vendor or delivery rounds man, or on premises used as a shop or petrol filling station isn't street trading.

If you are selling food items you may need to register as a food business.

Pedlar's certificate

You need a pedlar’s certificate if you sell door to door.

The certificate is valid for 1 year and lets you sell throughout the UK. You must trade on foot and carry your goods with you (you can use something like a small trolley).

Apply for a pedlar's licence

You can apply for a pedlar's licence from Dorset Police.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.