Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Apply for street and house collection permits in Christchurch

We want to make sure that only one collection is made at one time in any area, so we will talk to you about your preferred dates and offer alternative dates if necessary.

Apply for a permit

Apply for a street or house to house collection permit, or submit a collection return form on

You can also download the form and return it to us:

When we issue your licence, we will also send you either a street collection return form or house to house return form which you must complete and send to us when the collection has been done. This gives us information about the amount that you collected.


Some charitable organisations are exempt from having to apply for a house to house collections licence, but must still tell us the date or dates that they plan to collect on. We can then try to ensure that other collections are not authorised at the same time. Contact us for more details.

Refused applications

If your application is refused you can contact us to discuss this.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.