Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Premises and club premises licence fees

The application fee for a new premises licence or to change a premises licence or club premises certificate is based upon the premises non-domestic rateable value (business rates).

Check the rateable value of your property

Start now

Application and annual fees

Each premises licence and club premises certificate is subject to an annual fee which is due on the anniversary of the grant of the licence.

License fees
Rateable valueBandApplication feeAnnual fee

Not rate up to £4,300




£4,301 to £33,000




£33,001 to £87,000




£87,001 to £125,000




£125,001 and above




Other fees

Application or noticeFee
Replacement of a premises licence/summary or club premises certificate or summary (due to theft, loss etc) £10.50
Application of a provisional statement where premises are being built £315
Notification of change of name or address £10.50
Application to vary the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) £23
Application to transfer the premises licence £23
Interim authority notice following death etc of premises licence holder £23
Notification of a change of name or altering the club rules £10.50
Change of registered club address £10.50


No fee applies if:

  • a church hall, chapel hall, village hall, parish or community hall requires a premises licence for regulated entertainment only
  • a school requires a premises licence for regulated entertainment and the entertainment is for the purposes of the school or college

If you are unsure whether you need to pay an application fee or an annual fee you can contact your local Licensing Authority.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.