Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Health and safety at work

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is the national independent watchdog for work-related health, safety and illness. It acts in the public interest to reduce work-related death and serious injury across Great Britain's workplaces.

The HSE website has advice and guidance on health and safety at work.

Report an accident at work - employers and self-employed

Employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises must report certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and near misses to the HSE under The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).

Start now

Report a workplace health and safety problem - employees

If you're concerned about a health and safety problem at work you could speak to:

  • the person in charge of the work
  • your employer
  • your union or employee representative

You can report a concern about health and safety at work to us by email:

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.