Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Licensing a venue for marriages and civil partnerships

Before you apply

You should read the guidance notes and fire safety advice before submitting an application.​ We recommend that you contact us to arrange a visit to your premises before you submit an application.

Apply for a licence

Download the Approved Premises Licence application form.

Licence costs

The licence will be valid for a minimum of 3 years. You can apply to renew your licence if it expires in less than a year.

Licence costs
Type of licence (3 years)1 April 2019
Licence application £1750
Renewal of licence £1750

Public Notices for current licence applications

BCP Council, which is responsible for the registration of births, deaths, civil marriages and civil partnerships in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, wishes to give notice that the following have applied for a venue to be approved under Section 26 (1)(b) of the Marriage Act 1949, as amended and under Section 6 (3A)(a) of the Civil Partnership Act 2004 as amended) as a venue for the solemnisation of civil marriages and civil partnerships.

NameAddressClosing date
Savoy Hotel  36 West Hill Road, Bournemouth, BH2 5EJ  13/01/2021

The application, together with a copy of the plan of the premises, is being held by the Proper Officer for Registration and may be viewed at the BCP Council Offices, Bourne Avenue, Bournemouth, BH2 6DY during normal office hours.

Any objection concerning the proposed grant of approval for the premises below should be sent in writing to Matt Pitcher, Proper Officer for Registration at BCP Council Offices, Bourne Avenue, Bournemouth, BH2 6DY by the closing date shown.

Register a building for religious worship and marriage

Contact us for information about how to register a building for religious worship and religious marriage, or if you wish to apply to register a religious building for the solemnization of marriages.

Contact us:

Tel: 01202 491 510 

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.