Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Report graffiti or flyposting


If you see graffiti, report it to us so we can remove it. We take graffiti seriously and prosecute as many offenders as possible.

We prioritise removing offensive graffiti. Our goal is to remove offensive graffiti as soon as possible once reported.

How to report graffiti

To report graffiti on Council property, for example, bus stops, road signs, use our form.

Please give us as much information as possible including the following: 

  • Where is the graffiti? (for example, on a house, a wall, a bridge, a bus shelter)
  • Is it near a landmark? (post office, public house, monument etc.)
  • What is it? (words or pictures)
  • Is it racist, offensive, abusive?
  • Is it on brickwork, pebbledash, roller doors, wooden panelling?
  • Is it coloured spray paint, black marker pen or another substance?
  • Did you see who did it? 

Report graffiti

Use this form to report graffiti to us

If you see someone doing graffiti

Don’t put yourself in danger. But if possible please make a note of:

  • The day, date and time
  • What you saw
  • How many people carried out the vandalism
  • A description of the vandals
  • What were they doing?
  • Any vehicles involved? (make, colour and registration number)

Please let us know if you’re prepared to help us to prosecute people who deface property by making a statement about the incident.


Flyposting is when someone puts up posters, banners, or signs without permission. This includes posters such as; adverts for events, sales, even home-made birthday or anniversary banners.

Flyposting is illegal. It is unsightly and roadside banners can distract drivers.

What we do about flyposting

Our goal is to remove any posters put up without permission within 3 days of the problem being reported to us.

Wherever possible we prosecute people who illegally post signs or advertising.

How to report a flyposting problem

If you see someone illegally posting signs or advertising, you can contact us anonymously.

Please give us as much information as possible including the following:

  • Where is the flyposting? (such as, on a wall, roundabout, railings, by the roadside, on lamp-posts)
  • What is it advertising?
  • Did you see who put up the flyposting?

If you see the person who puts up the poster, banner or sign please try to give us the following information. But don’t put yourself in danger.

  • What day, date and time did you see the flyposting take place?
  • How many people were involved? Can you describe them?
  • Did they use any vehicles (colour, make and registration number)?
  • Was there a company name or any other writing on any of the vehicles?
  • Where were you? How good a view did you have?
  • You can give your details if you are prepared to help us to prosecute by agreeing to make a statement about the incident.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.