Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Report dog fouling

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we have reduced the number of litter and dog waste bin collections. This is to allow us to prioritise rubbish, food waste and recycling collections.

See further information about changes to services.

If you are a dog owner, you are required by law to clean up after your dog in public places. That includes roads, pavements, parks, car parks and all shared open spaces. 

Dog waste in public places

Report dog waste to us and we’ll clean it up within 24 hours if it is close to a school or children's play area. 

Report dog fouling

Use this form to report dog fouling.

Where should I put my dog’s waste?

We provide special dog bins in parks and other areas often used by dog walkers.

If there isn't a dog bin on your dog walking route, it’s your responsibility to pick up and take your dog’s waste home with you. Put it in your rubbish bin.

You can request a new dog bin in the area you walk your dog.

What should I do if the bin is full?

If the bin is full, please report a full dog bin to us

The law

Under the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 it is an offence not to clean up your dog’s mess properly. 

We will take enforcement action against anyone who is witnessed letting their dog foul in public without cleaning it up.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.