Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Van permit scheme

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), Household Recycling Centres will be reopening on Monday 11 May with a number of safety measures.

See further information about changes to services.

The van permit scheme allows van users to visit the Household Recycling centre in Wilverley Road, Christchurch.

If your vehicle is a double/dual cab pick up, you do not need a permit to visit the site at Christchurch. However, you will not be able to use the site at Millhamsor Nuffield, as these sites offer a different scheme. You can view the types of vehicles eligible for a van permit at Christchurch Household Recycling Centre.

Apply for a van permit

Use this form to apply for the van permit scheme.

The van permit scheme has been introduced to reduce the amount of commercial waste brought into the household recycling centres. Legally, commercial organisations are required to pay to dispose of their waste.


If you are disabled and your van or pick-up has been modified for your needs, you can continue to dispose of your household waste without a permit. Your vehicle must be under 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight and you will need to show your Blue Badge to site staff allowing with your ID showing your address.

If you have hired a van from a hire company for a period of 3 days or less and it is less than 3.5 tonnes, then you can use the site to dispose of your household waste as long as you have a copy of the hire agreement and proof of Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole residency.

Please note, you will have to show the hire agreement to site staff.

Access for vans and van permits are only for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole residents.

Please make sure you read the Van permit scheme terms and conditions.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.