If you have extra waste that won't fit in your bin, if eligible, we can arrange for an extra bin or bags, depending on which one you need.
You can apply for an additional rubbish or recycling bin if you live in a household with:
- five or more permanent occupants, or
- two or more children in nappies, or
- someone who has a medical condition that creates extra waste.
There is a charge for this service:
- £45 for an additional rubbish bin
- £55 for an additional recycling bin.
If you're in receipt of certain income based benefits you may be able to have an additional bin free of charge. Please see the list below to see if you're eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit - Guarantee Credit
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support.
Your application is assessed by a Waste Awareness Officer. They will contact you to discuss how you can recycle more and waste less and arrange an extra bin if it's still needed.
If you use our bag and box alternative service, you will be offered additional sacks for your extra rubbish instead of a bigger bin, your bin or sacks will be delivered within 30 calendar days. The charge for additional bags is £12.50.
Apply for an extra bin
Complete this form to request an extra bin.