Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about cookies

Close alert
Services in Christchurch

Apply for Council Tax Support

Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service

On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are able to offer some extra assistance to those who most need it.

See further information about changes to services.

We prefer you apply online. This speeds things up, saves public money and frees up time so we can support those who are unable to apply online. You can use these forms to claim Council Tax Support and or Housing Benefit.

Council Tax Support

Self employed assessment form

If you are applying for Council Tax Support and you or your partner are self employed we normally need you to provide a current profit and loss account. We cannot calculate your income from receipts and or weekly/monthly income and expenditure records.

If you do not have a profit and loss account, please complete and then submit the online Supplementary self employed earnings information form.

Standard reclaim form

If you are already claiming Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support and your Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based), Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) or Pension Credit (Guarantee) has ceased, please complete the standard reclaim application form.

Please provide supporting evidence for your claim straight away. Supporting evidence must be provided within one month of the date your form is received. Supporting evidence can be provided by uploading documents within the form, or after submitting the form, you can send the evidence in an email to quoting your National Insurance number in the subject line.

If you need help applying, please call us on 0345 034 4569 and we can support you through the process.

Recover a saved form

To recover a partially completed form, you will be asked to enter the 10 character reference code you were given when you saved the form. If you do not have the character reference code, you will need to start the form again. We only keep partially completed forms for 30 days.

Please contact customer services for any support required with online forms or evidence submission.

Your feedback

This form is for reporting incorrect website content, technical issues, or general website feedback.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.